About This Community
The Orchards area north and east of Vancouver, Washington was once a large open prairie called "Fourth Plain" by the British Hudson's Bay Company (HBC). In 1825 the HBC built Fort Vancouver along the Columbia River. Their agricultural and livestock area included a series of "Plains and Prairies" extending north and east of the Fort. A large plain about 4 miles northeast of the Fort became "Fourth Plain" and was called that until 1885 when it was re-named "Orchards" at the suggestion of the D.H. Stearns Realty Company, when a post office was established in the area.
From its beginnings as an agricultural area plentiful with apple and pear trees, to the thriving business opportunities of today, Orchards remains a community of hard working and diverse families. Our mission is to celebrate this diversity while providing top quality service that is second to none. The Orchards branch serves Northeast Vancouver, Brush Prairie, and all parts in between.